Developed by teachers for teachers, Maths on the Move (MOTM) is a unique and innovative programme aligned with the national curriculum. Using physically active learning, MOTM enhances children’s confidence and attainment in maths.
Suitable for all abilities, the programme can be tailored to suit pupils’ individual requirements.
Use MOTM as an intervention programme to support children who need it most, or extend the learning of those who are already performing at a high standard. The results show that, whatever the pupil’s pre programme confidence level, it is boosted post programme.
MOTM is a sustainable and effective use of the PE and Sport Premium. By embedding physical activity into the school day, the programme raises the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
Experienced educators deliver MOTM and learning materials are provided. An online portal and regular pupil reports enable progress to be continually tracked and monitored, essential for justifying premium spend to Ofsted
To get a taste of the sort of activities we use in MOTM sessions, download a number trail to try with your class.
How do we know it works?
A six-week study conducted by academics from Leeds Beckett University has concluded that the MOTM programme both improves maths attainment and increases physical activity levels. You can read the full study by clicking here.
Need more reasons to engage MOTM? Research proves active lessons can boost children's learning - hover over each box to read more...
Key features of the programme...
You need to be sure that you’re making the right decision when introducing new programmes into your school curriculum. That’s why we offer free trials to help you be sure that MOTM will suit your needs.
Schedule a Call or Meeting today
To use physical activity to enhance confidence, learning and attainment in maths.
All learning outcomes of the maths curriculum for KS1 and KS2 – check them out here.
- SATS booster.
- Group interventions.
- Gifted & Talented sessions.
- Curriculum enrichment.
- School holiday activities.
- Transition programmes.
- Select your bespoke booklets to meet the needs and current learning of the pupils during the 12 week programme.
- Each session covers a different topic and at the start of each session pupils complete 5 questions.
- Next, pupils implement the methodology into physical activities, applying the learning to real life situations with the support of our educator.
- To finish, pupils complete 5 further questions.
- See the pupils improvements!
No pupil is the same, we get that, which is why you can tailor MOTM to suit pupils’ individual requirements. Use the programme as an intervention to support lower achieving children or extend the learning of those who are gifted and talented. The results show that, whatever the pupil’s pre programme confidence level, it is boosted upon completion of MOTM.
Funding is accessible through several streams;
- PE & School Sport Premium – addresses key indicators and raises the profile of PE and sports across the school, as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Pupil Premium – raise the confidence and attainment of pupils and ‘close the gap’.
- Maths Budget – introduce innovative methods and help people achieve national standards in maths.
Tracking pupil progress is paramount. We will provide qualified and experienced educators and learning materials, in addition to sharing the impact of MOTM via an online platform and regular reports (just the ticket for justifying your premium spends when Ofsted come knocking).
The MOTM programme is designed and quality assured by qualified teachers. MOTM Educators complete intensive MOTM training which has been created and delivered by qualified teachers.
In addition to the MOTM training, each Educator has completed the Level 3 PESS Certificate, which is best practice qualification for non-QTS educators supporting in Primary Schools.