Our innovative active learning programme ‘Maths on the Move’ teaches mathematics through Physical Activity. The programme can be adapted around your needs, is suitable for all year groups and abilities, and is a great way to effectively utilise the Pupil Premium and the Primary PE and Sport Premium.
The programme was developed by teachers and is a unique programme that uses the concept of active learning to enhance children’s confidence and attainment in maths.
Gifted and talented children benefit from booster sessions to reach the highest grades, while lower achieving children can improve their mathematical skills and confidence, benefitting from an alternative learning environment thats proven to increase both confidence and ability.
Don't just take our word for it, research proves active lessons can boost children's learning - hover over each box to read more...
Key features of the programme...
Schedule a Call or Meeting today
To use physical activity to enhance confidence, learning and attainment in maths.
All learning outcomes of the maths curriculum for KS1 and KS2 – check them out here.
- SATS booster.
- Group interventions.
- Gifted & Talented sessions.
- Curriculum enrichment.
- School holiday activities.
- Transition programmes.
- Select your bespoke booklets to meet the needs and current learning of the pupils during the 12 week programme.
- Each session covers a different topic and at the start of each session pupils complete 5 questions.
- Next, pupils implement the methodology into physical activities, applying the learning to real life situations with the support of our educator.
- To finish, pupils complete 5 further questions.
- See the pupils improvements!
No pupil is the same, we get that, which is why you can tailor MOTM to suit pupils’ individual requirements. Use the programme as an intervention to support lower achieving children or extend the learning of those who are gifted and talented. The results show that, whatever the pupil’s pre programme confidence level, it is boosted upon completion of MOTM.
Funding is accessible through several streams;
- PE & School Sport Premium – addresses key indicators and raises the profile of PE and sports across the school, as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Pupil Premium – raise the confidence and attainment of pupils and ‘close the gap’.
- Maths Budget – introduce innovative methods and help people achieve national standards in maths.
Tracking pupil progress is paramount. We will provide qualified and experienced educators and learning materials, in addition to sharing the impact of MOTM via an online platform and regular reports (just the ticket for justifying your premium spends when Ofsted come knocking).
The MOTM programme is designed and quality assured by qualified teachers. MOTM Educators complete intensive MOTM training which has been created and delivered by qualified teachers.
In addition to the MOTM training, each Educator has completed the Level 3 PESS Certificate, which is best practice qualification for non-QTS educators supporting in Primary Schools.