Our goal is to invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children invest over 10,000 hours of PE engage over 25,000 children by 2025
We are on a mission to change lives by improving health and wellbeing using the power of physical activity, sport and education. To support this we launched ‘Operation Active Hampshire’, a project that will invest in over 10,000 hours of physical education and school sport delivery by 2025, engaging over 25,000 children.
As a proud Social Enterprise we exist to benefit and add value to our communities, to achieve this our legal constitution states we must reinvest any profits we make. In this time of need to support children back into school and turn the tide on months of inactivity we have decided to allocate our investment into this key initiative.
What is 'Operation Active Hampshire'?
To support our mission we will be investing in over 10, 000 hours of PE and school sport into Hampshire Primary schools by 2025. Our initiative will aim to;
Hear what our Partner Teachers have to say about Operation Active Hampshire...
How can my school join your mission?
‘Operation Active Hampshire’ is open to all Primary Schools in Hampshire. To ensure we comply with our obligations as a social enterprise and we demonstrate our investment into the initiative is used effectively, we require you to complete a short application form. Please note some key conditions;
Do you know other schools who would benefit from this initiative? Share it now!
Spring term delivery – October 14th Deadline
Frequently Asked Questions
ActiveMe 360 is proud to be founded as a ‘Community Interest Company’ (CIC), or more commonly known as a Social Enterprise. We are members of Social Enterprise UK, they provide the following definition and information.
“Social enterprises are businesses that are changing the world for the better. Like traditional businesses they aim to make a profit but it’s what they do with their profits that sets them apart – reinvesting or donating them to create positive social change. Social enterprises are in our communities and on our high streets – from coffee shops and cinemas, to pubs and leisure centres, banks and bus companies.
By selling goods and services in the open market, social enterprises create employment and reinvest their profits back into their business or the local community. This allows them to tackle social problems, improve people’s life chances, provide training and employment opportunities for those furthest from the market, support communities and help the environment.
Social enterprises exist in nearly every sector from consumer goods to healthcare, community energy to creative agencies, restaurants to facilities management. Well known examples include The Big Issue, Divine Chocolate and the Eden Project but there are over 100,000 social enterprises throughout the country contributing £60 billion to the economy and employing two million people.
They’re creating jobs and opportunities for those most marginalised from the workforce, transforming the communities they work in and making the Sustainable Development Goals a reality. It’s business for good and when they profit, society profits.
- We define social enterprises as businesses that:
- Have a clear social and/or environment mission set out in their governing documents.
- Generate the majority of their income through trade.
- Reinvest the majority of their profits.
- Are autonomous from the state.
- Are majority controlled in the interests of the social mission.
- Are accountable and transparent.”
To find out more visit www.socialenterprise.org.uk.
Simple… We are driven by our mission to change lives by enhancing health and wellbeing using the power of physical activity, sport and education. As a social enterprise our existence is on the promise to benefit our communities and add social value, we want our work to impact as many schools and children in Hampshire as possible and believe this initiative will support this.
Other than helping us achieve our mission there is nothing in it for us, no hidden agenda, no sales pitch. We promise!
We will deliver Physical Education sessions for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 children in line with the national curriculum. Our 360 approach to PE ensures we teach every child, personalising lessons to their needs and focusing on supporting and improving their physical, mental and social wellbeing.
No, there is no commitment from your school once our provision at your school has been completed.
We are driven by our mission, with our sole aim for this initiative to engage, support and inspire as many children as possible. Of course if you would like to become a partner school of ours and explore how our services can continue to support you and your children, we would love to have you onboard!
We greatly value our existing partner schools, that’s why we are providing those schools two free hours of PE or school sport. This will be in addition to any other services we provide you.
You do not need to do anything, our Partner Experience Manager will be in touch with you soon to arrange this!
Yes. Although Active Me 360 CIC are heavily subsidising this provision through our social investment, each school will be required to pay a small contribution of £10 +VAT for each hour of delivery.
Why are schools required to pay a small contribution?
- This cost supports us in setting up your provision, onboarding you as a new partner and setting agreed goals to be accomplished. It also helps to cover some of our operational costs that are not part of the delivery, i.e. insurance, travel, equipment and admin.
- By contributing to the provision it will allow our investment to go further and impact more schools and children across Hampshire.
- We are committed to our mission and want to ensure our investment has maximum impact, we believe this will be better achieved if schools also commit to the initiative by contributing a small fee.
*Existing partner schools will receive two hours completely free for a term.
As a social enterprise we have a legal obligation to account for any money we invest back into our communities, and that any investment provides a benefit to our community and adds social value. To achieve this we require each school to complete a small application form on how our support will benefit you and your children, and why it is important to you and your children.
Don’t worry though, it will take you less than 10 minutes!
To ensure we have appropriate time to plan our work with you we have deadlines for applications in place for each term. We are committed to providing the highest quality provision and ensure you have an exceptional experience of Active Me 360, to achieve this we will make sure all our team are of the highest standard in terms of experience, qualifications and meeting our values.
We provide a range of services for all ages, from toddlers to seniors, to support our vision and mission – to inspire everyone to lead active and healthy lifestyles to support and improve physical, mental and social wellbeing using the power of physical activity, sport and education – these include;
- Our Active Schools Programmes provides tailored Physical Education, Sport and Active Learning sessions for Primary Schools.
- Our Active Clubs provide extra-curricular sport, activity and active learning sessions, including wrap-around care for schools – i.e. breakfast and after school clubs.
- Our Active Holiday courses are great way to keep children active during the school holidays, providing tailored and flexible childcare with an emphasis on physical, mental and social development and wellbeing.
- Our Active Training and CPD provide a range of tailored qualifications, training and CPD for individuals, groups and organisations.
- Our Active Communities Programme run targeted community projects through reinvesting profits we make, supporting the most vulnerable in our communities and tackling an array of social issues.
Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. It is more than being free from illness, it is a dynamic process of change and growth. The National Wellness Institute defines it as “…a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing.”
Physical wellbeing is about maintaining a healthy body attained through regular physical activity or exercise, eating well, getting enough sleep and paying attention to signs of illness and seeking help when needed. The physical benefits of feeling good often lead to psychological benefits of enhanced self-esteem, self-confidence, control and determination.
Mental wellbeing relates to understanding and managing your feelings and how this may impact on behaviours, including the degree to which a person feels positive and enthusiastic about themselves and their life. The World Health Organisation defines it as;
“Mental health is not just the absence of mental disorder. It is defined as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.”
We can improve our mental wellbeing by developing positive and creative thinking, self-motivation, developing resilience and perseverance, managing emotions, building confidence and self-esteem.
Social Wellbeing is the extent to which you feel a sense of belonging and social inclusion. Lifestyles, ways of living together, value systems, traditions and beliefs are all important to our social wellbeing and quality of life.
We can improve our social wellbeing by improving our social skills such as communication, building strong and positive relationships, teamwork, decision making, being responsible, being independent, problem solving and conflict resolution.
Yes, absolutely. We place safety at the heart of everything we do, and to comply with regulations set by external governing bodies we have the required £10 million Public Liability Insurance.
Yes, absolutely. All of our team members hold appropriate qualifications in order to deliver our services to meet the needs of those we work with and to achieve the high standards we expect, and demand. These include;
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Safeguarding Certificate, and supporting additional qualifications.
- Level 3 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism (PESS).
- Level 2 Multi-Skills Certificate.
- Level 2 Coach Award from the Nation Governing Body of the specific sport.
In addition, we provide regular CPD training for all team members and ensure a rigorous and effective quality assurance strategy is in place.
Whether you want to join our team or support us in achieving our mission there are a number of ways you can get involved with us;
- Join our growing team and be a difference maker.
- Become an official ActiveMe 360 Ambassador or Young Ambassador.
- Become an official ActiveMe 360 Sponsor and Community Champion.
- Become an official ActiveMe 360 Community Partner.
- Complete your Work Experience or Placement with us.
- Volunteer as a Community Activator.