This qualification is designed to provide learners with the skills they need to become an activator in multi skills. Successful achievement of the qualification will enable activators in multi-skills to facilitate extra curricular activities in schools and community participation programmes. The qualification is designed to support community development, with the aspiration to tackle deprivation, radicalisation, whilst supporting health, wellbeing and participation initiatives.
£95 Per person (minimum of 12 learners required to run the qualification)
See all the details of the course below.
- Activator role
- Activate through Multi Skills
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 14 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and writing
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge, understanding of sports coaching
- Develop your understanding of the activator role
- Help to support the engagement of more children and young people in physical activity
- 6 hours intensive 1 day course or split across multiple weeks
- Ideal structure is 2 hours over a 3 week period
- Learners are required to complete a learner portfolio and submit for assessment
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to become an activator in multi skills. This qualification will provide the basis for developing knowledge and understanding of the coaching in sport and can lead onto sport specific qualifications.
This course can be booked around your school timetable, a minimum of 6 hours are required to complete this qualification. Hours can be split across multiple weeks or booked as an intensive day.
Learners are assessed through theory-based activities and practical based observations inline with the course criteria.