This qualification prepares learners for employment as a coaching assistant in sport or physical activity. A level 1 assistant coach is able to support the delivery of sports or physical activity coaching sessions under the appropriate supervision of a suitably qualified coach.
£95 Per person (minimum of 16 learners required to run the qualification).
See all the details of the course below.
- The role of the coaching assistant
- The coaching assistant in practice
- Technical coaching requirements for sport and physical activity
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 14 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and writing)
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the assistant coach
- Develop ability to deliver coaching activities
- Help to support progression into the sports coaching sector
- Qualification is run over 2 terms for 1 hour per week
- Qualification is run over 1 term for 2 hours per week
- Learners are required to complete a learner portfolio and submit for assessment
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to become involved within the sport coaching sector at an assistant level. This qualification can be used as an entry point to coaching.
This course can be booked around your settings timetable, a minimum of 24 hours is required to complete this qualification. Hours can be split across multiple days within a term.
Learners are assessed through theory-based activities that can be evidenced in a portfolio of work which is then assessed against the course criteria.