This qualification develops learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental health issues. It develops and recognises learners’ personal knowledge and skill to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Level 1 | GLH 24 | Credits 3
See all the details of the course below.
- Develop an understanding of mental health
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and writing)
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of mental health
- Develop your understanding of mental health concepts
- Qualification is delivered online with tutor support
- Course length – approx. 1 month
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of mental health. Possible progression routes are:
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
This course can be booked at any time and is completed flexibly around your home and work life balance. Tutor support sessions can be scheduled between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Learners are assessed through theory-based, written activities. These can be completed via the online learning portal in the form of an assignment.