The purpose of this qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of behaviours that challenge and the effects these can have on individuals and others as well as looking at strategies to support.
Level 2 | GLH 105
See all the details of the course below.
- Understand how to manage a situation when an individual is acting in a challenging manner
- Understand how to prepare and manage an incident of behaviour that challenges
- Understand how to recognise that an individual behaviour has the behaviour to intensify
- Understand legislation and support relevant to behaviour that challenges
- Understand own role in providing support following an incident of challenging behaviour
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge of how to manage challenging behaviour
- Develop your understanding of the strategies to support with challenging behaviour
- Understand the various legislation in place to support behaviour that challenges
- Qualification is delivered online with tutor support
- Course length – approx. 3-4 months
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of behaviour that challenges and the effects this can have on the individual and others. Possible progression routes are:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This course can be booked at any time and is completed flexibly around your home and work life balance. Tutor support sessions can be scheduled between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Learners are assessed through theory-based, written activities. These can be completed via the online learning portal in the form of an assignment for each of the qualification units and submitted to your assessor for making against the course criteria.