The purpose of this qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives. The term autism is used to include all autistic spectrum conditions including Asperger’s syndrome.
Level 2 | GLH 150
See all of the details of the course below.
- Best practice relating to autism
- Living with autism
- Signs, symptoms and diagnosis of autism
- Sources of information, support, legislation and guidance relevant to autism
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge of autism
- Develop your understanding of the signs and symptoms associated with autism
- Understand the various support and signposting available for individuals with autism
- Qualification is delivered online with tutor support
- Course length – approx. 3-4 months
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of autism, this could include parents, teachers, TA’s or anyone working in an education or social care setting. Progression routes are:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Difficulties
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism
This course can be booked at any time and is completed flexibly around your home and work life balance. Tutor support sessions can be scheduled between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Learners are assessed through theory-based, written activities. These can be completed via the online learning portal in the form of an assignment for each of the qualification units and submitted to your assessor for making against the course criteria.