This qualification develops learners’ knowledge and skills in the area of children’s and young people’s mental health. Learners will understand the factors affecting mental health and a range of common conditions experienced by children and young people.
Level 2 | GLH 106
See details of the course below.
- Legislation and best practice relating to children and young people’s mental health
- Living with childhood mental health conditions
- Understand causes and diagnosis of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Understand how to minimise the risk of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Understand the principles of mental health concerns in the context of children and young
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 16 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge of mental health regarding children and young people
- Develop your understanding of the various support that is available
- Understand the common context of mental health within children and young people
- Qualification is delivered online with tutor support
- Course length – approx. 3-4 months
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of children and young people’s mental health, this could include parents or individuals working within an education setting. Possible progression routes are:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health Problems
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health Care
This course can be booked at any time and is completed flexibly around your home and work life balance. Tutor support sessions can be scheduled between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Learners are assessed through theory-based, written activities. These can be completed via the online learning portal in the form of an assignment for each of the qualification units and submitted to your assessor for making against the course criteria.