The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification, which prepares learners for teaching and training is a wide range of contexts. It does not develop competence as learners are not required to be in a teaching position. The qualification is suitable for those individuals who wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training.
Level 3 | GLH 48
See all the details of the course below.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 19 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and writing)
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Enhance your knowledge of the training and education sector
- Develop your understanding of your role and responsibilities as a trainer or educator
- Understand to develop and maintain an inclusive teaching environment
- Qualification is delivered online with tutor support
- Course length – approx. 3-4 months with a 15 minute micro teach lesson required for unit
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of the training and education sector and for anyone who wishes to work in further education or deliver internal training. Progression routes are:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
This course can be booked at any time and is completed flexibly around your home and work life balance. Tutor support sessions can be scheduled between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Learners are assessed through theory-based, written activities. These can be completed via the online learning portal in the form of an assignment for each of the qualification units and submitted to your assessor for making against the course criteria.