The purpose of the qualification is for the learners to attain knowledge and practical competencies required to deal with a range of workplace first aid situations. This qualification has a recommended course duration of two days. The course can be increased to support with additional learning but not reduced.
£95 per person or £75 per person for a booking of minimum of 10 attendees.
Level 3 | GLH 12
See all the details of the course below.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Managing paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
Prior to registration for this qualification learners are required to:
- Be accurately identified
- Be 14 years of age or over
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (included listening, speaking, reading and
There are no other pre-requisites to certification other than completion of assessment criteria.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury or illness
- Assisting a casualty who us suffering from major injury or illness
- Assisting a casualty with chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis
- Qualification is delivered face to face
- Course length – 2 days
This qualification is suitable for any individual who wishes to develop their knowledge and understanding of First Aid and become a qualified First Aider within the workplace, certification is valid for 3 years. Possible progression routes are:
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
This course can be booked at any time with dates to suit your workplace. To deliver the course we will need an appropriate space to deliver practical based activities.
All learners are assessed through theory-based, discussion and practical observations.